Forging the VI

Dec 4, 2010
After a while collecting the parts and slowly getting the cash together to have the work done, I decided to get the engine forged.

From March till June I had collected, Manly Rods, Wiseco Pistons an 8MR headgasket and the lastly ARP headstuds and then it was just a matter of leaving the car with CW performance to have the work done.

The turn around from Todd was brilliant he had the bores honed and then it was just a matter of fitting everything up.




While the car was down with Todd, he also noticed that both the rear arms where in a bad way and changed them out straight away, pictures always tell a better story.



The day I collected the car I fitted a short shifter I bought off ebay, I was hugely impressed in the positive change it made and also gave a much quicker gear changes and all for about €60.



While running in the newly built engine in, I was keeping to 0.8 bar boost and the revs under 5k rpm for the first 1500km's the reason was so as not to bed the pistons in badly or to strain anyting internally.

It took me about two weeks to build up the mileage and then it was just a matter of arranging to get down to CW performance for a remap to 1.6 bar boost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment